Saturday, June 20, 2009

Camping


Not too long ago, I went camping with my mom and dad. It seemed like a lot of driving, but eventually we got to a place in some woods where mom and dad said we could stop the car.
They had lots of boats at this place. So we took a green one and floated down the river. It was pretty fun, though we didn't have the right kind of snacks. We saw birds and I played with sticks in the water. I had a really good stick and accidentally let go of it in the water. I needed to get it back so I reached and reached, trying to get it. Mom and Dad say that they just barely grabbed my ankles before I fell in, but I'm not so sure about that.
After the boat ride, Dad took me out to feel the water and then I practiced throwing rocks into the water.



Back at camp, we set up our tent and cooked dinner - outside. Pretty crazy. We had some s'mores to fix, but I found that they were better if you skipped the marshmallows and graham crackers.





I was ready to get back in the car and go home because I was pretty tired and wanted to sleep and I didn't think there would be any jamas out in the woods. Luckily, Mom had brought some with, so we just all slept in the tent, in our sleeping bags.
The next morning, we took a couple hikes and then headed home.
I've been practicing taking pictures with the camera all by myself. Do you want to see some? Mostly I do the ceiling and self-portraits. Here are some shots I took on our camping trip.

1 comment:

jeanne buffi said...

Your cousin Megan went camping this weekend and also had lots of fun playing in the water.